ICE Supervising & Delegated Civil Engineer Role
We are currently the only organisation approved by the Institution of Civil Engineers to provide out-sourced Approved Training and Mentoring support.
This unique position allows us to offer a variety of activities relating to the SCE/DE role. These activities can range from the full inventory which can be provided on request, SMA SCE's Role & Duties to selected individually tailored functions to meet a client's requirements.
Some of the benefits resulting from our bespoke role include:
- Substantial savings on your training expenditure,
- Structured and efficient completion of the ICE Development Objectives - ensuring you see more rapid returns on your investment,
- Demystification for you and your staff of what can often seem a confusing, daunting and regimented system,
- More effective matching of the individual's strengths with the requirements of the ICE scheme. Consequently the trainee feels more valued, raising their motivation and commitment levels and could enhance your staff retention levels,
- Eliminating feelings of isolation and lack of direction for the trainee via regular meetings, e-mails and telephone conversations,
- Continual updating of any new ICE requirements - highly pertinent during recent months as the ICE re-issued its training documentation and encouraging new avenues to Membership e.g. the Technical Report Route (TRR).
A well developed and managed scheme brings many benefits.
- The development of the trainee is an expensive process not always fully costed by employers. It is vital from a commercial perspective that the organisation receives a real return on it's investment as early as practicable.
- A well-thought-out development programme should be cost effective, relevant, minimise abortive or non-productive management & trainee time.
- The co-ordination of the formal training into the overall development programme of a trainee can be organised more effectively.
- It gives a clear signal to the trainee that the employer is committed to his/her continuing development within the organisation.
We would welcome the opportunity to meet you to discuss this initiative in more detail and to explore avenues which may benefit both your trainees and your organisation, should this be of interest please contact us.