Manual Handling injuries account for 36% of all reported workplace accidents. The Health & Social Care sector accounts for 54% of all reported manual handling accidents. This course will provide a consistent approach to Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme.
Aims & Objectives:
This course will enable delegates to:
- Describe the function of the Spine
- Examine & Discuss Manual Handling Legislation
- Discuss Company Manual Handling Policies
- Describe Ergonomics
- Examine and Discuss Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Discuss Safe Handling Procedures
- Explain the need for Effective Teamwork & Communication
- Demonstrate Safe Inanimate Load Handling
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of process of Manual Handling which ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme.
This course will be delivered in a classroom environment via power point presentations, discussions, practical demonstrations and lectures. The course is divided into two modules as follows::
- Module A - Spinal awareness, legislation, individual's authority, company
ergonomics, risk assessment, safe handling principles, team handling
- Module B - Inanimate load handling, practical ergonomics
Delegates are assessed by an objective test of multiple-choice questions
and trainer observation of skills demonstrated competently throughout the
course. By the end of the course delegates, who successfully complete the
assessment, will hold a Manual Handling Certificate in compliance with the
All Wales Manual Handling Scheme.
This course will suit anyone in a work-place environment whose work involves lifting or moving objects.
No prior qualification or experience required to attend this course.