This course is a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) approved First Aid at Work course, in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Holders of this First Aid at Work certificate can be used as First Aiders in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Aims & Objectives:
This course will enable delegates to recognise and treat a casualty suffering from any of the following conditions and to be able to:
- Describe the Role of the First Aider
- Deal with Incident and Casualty Management
- Recognise and undertake a Primary Assessment, including CPR
- Recognise and deal with a casualty suffering from choking
- Know how to administer First Aid to a ill or injured person
- Understand Respiratory and Circulatory Systems
- Construct a Secondary Assessment
- Recognise and treat Airway and Breathing difficulties
- Examine and treat Wounds and Bleeding
- Recognise signs and symptoms of Epilepsy / diabetes / poisoning
- Examine and treat Bone, Joint and Muscle injuries
- Examine and treat Burns and Scalds
- Recognise and Management of a Heart Attack / Angina and Stoke
- Recognise and treat different types of head injuries
- Recognise and treat a casualty suffering from chest & crush injuries
- Describe the process related recording and reporting all incidents
By the end of the course delegates will be able to manage and control a First Aid situation, they will also be able to treat any First Aid injuries and will also be fully aware of their roles and responsibilities as a Work place First Aider.
This course will be delivered in a classroom environment with a combination of theory sessions and practical demonstrations. This will include the following:-
- Initial Assessment
- Interactive Exercises
- Individual or Group Exercises
- Visual Aids e.g. short DVD/video, models, samples, etc
- Open Workshop
- Feedback Activity
- Final Assessment (this will be conducted by an external assessor on the final day of the course).
By the end of this course candidates will hold a HSE Approved Fist Aid at
Work Certificate and will be qualified to take control of any First Aid injury
within the work place.
This course will suit anyone in a work-place environment.
No prior qualification or experience required to attend this course.