Assertive communication introduces a range of behaviours, skills and techniques which are easily learnable and may be applied personally and professionally. It is an approach that is based on respect for self and others and will improve relationships between individuals and groups.
Aims & Objectives:
Aims & Objectives:
To introduce delegates to an understanding of assertive and non-assertive behaviours and to increase the confidence of delegates in applying the skills of assertive communication within their working role
On completion of this course delegates will:
- Be able to identify a range of assertive and non-assertive behaviours
- Know some helpful models of assertiveness
- Have practiced and developed the skills of assertive communication
- Have identified potential barriers to implementing assertive behaviour,
and explored ways of overcoming these.
- Welcome, Introductions & Scene setting
- Understanding Assertive and Non-assertive behaviours
- Theoretical models of assertiveness
- Saying No
- Negotiating 'win/win' solutions
- The skills and techniques of assertive behaviour
- Difficult conversations
- Skills practice sessions
- Applying the learning
The style of delivery will be relaxed and informal, so please dress comfortably. A variety of training methods will be used including trainer presentations, discussion, self-perception diagnostics, creative activities and structured exercises. This will include time spent working in pairs and small groups as well as in the whole group.
The main focus of this course is to develop core assertiveness skills. Therefore delegates should arrive prepared to actively participate throughout the duration of the programme.
- 'The content of the course was useful, lots of examples that I could really relate to'
- 'Course content was very valuable. I feel I've picked up some useful tools which I can take home and use again and again'
- 'Made me think more about my actions and how I can change things for the
This course is intended for anyone who would like to improve their personal effectiveness and communication.
Delegates will be required to complete a brief pre-course questionnaire