This course has been developed to provide thorough awareness on the subject of Medication Management, aimed at carers and support workers within the Health and Social Sector.
Aims & Objectives:
Aims & Objectives:
This awareness course is designed to provide the learner with the essential knowledge and skills required to offer the best professional approach and best practice in Medication Management Procedures. Learners will:
- Gain an understanding of Medication Management
- Develop a clear vision about their role and responsibilities in ensuring good practice in Medication Management with a Person Centre Approach
An in depth understanding of Medication Management in health and social care
The course looks at many different aspects of Medication Management from its definition right through to good practice in line with Core Values and Person Centred Approach.
- To understand safe medication management.
- To understand health and safety and medical legislation
- To understand the importance of gaining consent of service users at all times.
- To expand your knowledge of the roles and boundaries of medication management.
- To understand the types of medication available and the possible routes these might be given.
- To ensure that you practice safe medication management at all times including completion of documentation and MAR sheets
This course encourages delegate participation through group discussion as
well as individual input through subgroup and pair work. The trainer uses
a range of facilitation and presentation techniques including PowerPoint,
flip-chart work and tutor-led discussion. Delegates will also retain a comprehensive
training pack for future reference and further reading.
The course is essential for all those who work in Health and Social care
It is also an excellent 'update' course