A one day course designed to increase knowledge, confidence and competence in dealing with conflict and difficult situations. Conflict is a natural part of an organisations existence, not always with a poor outcome. Examine how your own involvement/behaviour can affect situations, both positively and adversely. Learn how to use your communication skills to reduce negative conflict and manage difficult people, both face to face and on the telephone.
Aims & Objectives:
Aims & Objectives:
The learner will be able to:
- State what contributes to a conflict and difficult situations
- Describe their own contributions to the situation - positive and negative
- Recognise and state when conflict can be a positive influence
- Demonstrate their skills in communication to alleviate difficult situations
Participants will have a greater knowledge and understanding of what causes
conflict, and of what causes people to be difficult. Individuals will learn
how to use skills to defuse and manage situations/people for a better outcome
- What causes problems for you?
- How do you cause problems for others?
- Some personalities you may have come across
- How do these situations develop?
- Setting the scene - negative practice
- Keeping yourself safe
- Practice scenarios - relative to the needs of participants
- Debrief of practice
Mode of Delivery:
- Initial Assessment -via a discussion
- Interactive Exercises
- Individual and Group Exercises
- Practice Aids e.g. case studies and roleplay
- Feedback Activity
- The opportunity to develop their own knowledge and skills and apply this in the workplace and in their personal lives.
- A chance to learn how to maximise own safety and well-being, and that of others
- Minimisation of risks of conflict within teams, and with customers/service
All disciplines, and all levels/grades of staff