This course is aimed at those who use substances hazardous to health at work and introduces participants to the hazards associated with those substances, the risks involved and the controls available and what to expect from a COSHH assessment.
Aims & Objectives:
The course is designed to enable delegates to:
- Explain what is meant by the term 'substance hazardous to health'
- Explain how hazardous substances can cause ill health and injury
- State the different ways in which hazardous substances may be identified
- State the principles for controlling substances hazardous to health and
apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting
a COSHH assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of a range
of substances and chemicals hazardous to health.
Mode of Delivery:
Tutor delivered presentations, discussion and questions and answers sessions. An end of course assessment will identify knowledge take-up.
Benefits of Attending:
Successful completion will prepare participants to look carefully at their
own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances
in co-operation with their supervisors.
Anyone working with chemicals or substances hazardous to health
No prior qualification or experience is required to attend this course.