The BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) process was launched in 1990 and is now the most widespread benchmark for environmental design, performance and energy efficiency in the UK construction industry.
A formal part of the planning process in Wales, (and a condition of Welsh Assembly Government funding), the achievement of BREEAM certification for all types of commercial building is becoming a vital part of all major construction projects.
Aims & Objectives:
This course aims to give delegates the knowledge to understand the BREEAM process to be able to achieve the accolade BREEAM "Excellent"
On completion of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Define the key parameters required to achieve a BREEAM 'Excellent' certified building,
- Understand further the BREEAM certification process and the role of BREEAM within the design & construction programme.
- Gain a greater understanding of the processes involved with discharging BREEAM credits.
Typically the course will follow the following outline:
- What is BREEAM?
- Current legislation/ BREEAM Drivers
- The BREEAM Schemes
- BREEAM Process
- Scoring & Section Weightings
- BREEAM Sections:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Land use & Ecology
- BREEAM Certification
- BREEAM 2008 & BREEAM 2011 (applicable following the release of the BREEAM 2011 scheme at the end of 2010)
- Achieving BREEAM Excellent
- Key Elements & Essential Credits for BREEAM Excellent
- BREEAM Excellent interactive workshop
- Questions & Open Discussion.
Mode of Delivery:
Mode of delivery will consist of presentation and individual/ group training exercises. An open workshop will be held for the final afternoon, which will consist of a presentation to an end user.
Benefits of Attending:
Delegates will have a greater understanding of BREEAM processes, and timescales for achieving BREEAM excellent ratings.
Public and private sector individuals involved with sustainability, construction, planning etc.
Previous experience/ knowledge of BREEAM is desirable but not essential.