This is a fast-paced intensive course for delegates with knowledge and/or practical experience of using the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract and who are dealing on a regular basis with programmes, early warnings, payments and compensation events.
Aims & Objectives:
By attending this course, delegates will learn how to deal in a practical way with complex issues experienced on NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contracts including notifying early warnings, acceptance of programmes, assessing payments and managing compensation events.
The course will comprise:
Some of the lesser known clauses of the ECC and how to deal with them.
- Design responsibility and liability.
- Instructing a search.
- Who pays for defects correction?
- The Accepted Programme.
- Updating the Programme.
- Dealing with time risk, float and concurrent delays.
- Some typical problems encountered with early warnings.
- Dealing with difficulties with the Schedules of Cost Components.
- Assessing complex changes.
Mode of Delivery:
This course combines a taught element with interactive discussion and group case study exercises.
Practitioners with significant knowledge and practical experience of using the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract.