An Empowering & Challenging Seminar enabling participants to clarify & focus on the organisations Diversity Agenda
Aims & Objectives:
Course Objectives /Aims:
- The seminar is specifically designed to open a dialogue within the senior management team in developing positive strategies to champion the 'values' and 'strategic vision' within the organisation.
- The seminar will focus on senior management commitment towards equal treatment & the promotion of best practice within the organisation.
- To enable participants to better recognise how attitudes to difference, prejudice, stereotype and discrimination can lead to bullying and harassment in the workplace.
- To effectively manage and value differences within the organisation and explore positive ways of fostering a healthy culture.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Achieve a better understanding of the practical implications of diversity and how it impacts on their role as managers.
- Appreciate the short and long term effects that bullying and harassment can have on the both the victim and organisation.
- Be equipped with effective strategies and actions to deal pro-actively and positively with bullying and harassment.
- Gain a clearer understanding of the dynamic role of organisational values
within the development of an effective workforce.
- Overview of Training
- Aims & Objectives
- Organisational Values - The Business Case for Diversity
- Leadership & values
- Group Exercise - The Minority Perspective
- "Bridging the gap"
- Group Exercise - Attitudes in the workplace
- Challenging inappropriate behaviour and Language
- Managing Equality & Diversity
- Case Studies
- Strategic Vision
- Review Key Learning Points
- Aims and Objectives
- Re-cap Day 1
- Definition of Terms
- Harassment, Bullying, Victimisation
- How to identify and recognise Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
- Implications of Bullying and Harassment in the workplace (for employee and employer) Moral and Legal obligations
- Current Legislation on Harassment (in particular on Equality grounds)
- Case Studies
- Effective strategies and actions for tackling Bullying and Harassment
- The use of "How?" Why?" "When?" Principle to manage difficult situations
- Identifying Practical Changes and improvements in the workplace
- Maintaining Equality and Diversity
- How! How! How!
- Identify personal responsibilities and objectives
- Closing Summary /Evaluations
Interactive, activity based, and involves group discussion.
We aim to incorporate different learning styles in a non-confrontational atmosphere. Training sessions will raise awareness and encourage participants to adopt an open-minded approach whilst positively challenging perceptions and assumptions. The sessions are fun and provide a firm foundation for sharing good practice.
- Quiz to be used as an ice-breaker
- Case Studies
- Use of Video/Video clips
Participants will gain experience in the following areas:
- Championing the values and strategic vision within their organisation
- Recognising the components of Bullying and Harassment
- Mainstream Equality and Diversity issues within the Organisation
- Improved Management and Leadership Skills
- Begin to apply the training within the working environment
- Senior Managers
- HR Directors
- Team Leaders
- Awareness of Level 1 Equality and Diversity Issues
- Enthusiasm to implement cultural change management issues based upon this