Our Contract Law & Forms Of Contract course provides an introduction to the various forms of contract throughout construction contracts.
Also available as an online training course.
Please note the online version of this training course will be split into modules.
Everyone involved in construction contracts needs to be familiar with elements of Contract Law and also has to be familiar with the various Forms of Contract that are available for use in modern construction contracts.
Aims & Objectives:
- Become reasonably familiar with the principles that govern Contract Law
- Be acquainted with the range of Forms of Contract currently available for construction projects
- Develop an understanding, in outline, of the principles governing two major but contrasting Forms
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- State the options available when considering which Form of Contract to choose for a particular project
- Describe a variety of methods for lettering contracts
- Define individual responsibilities of those supervising contracts
- Determine how to select the best Form of Contract for a particular project
- Examine the pros and cons of different Forms of Contract
- List the considerations necessary when preparing contracts
- Establish how to find information relevant to choosing a Form of Contract
- What is a contract?
- Forming a contract
- The difference between offers and invitations to treat
- Features of offers
- Communication of offers and acceptances
- When is a contract concluded?
Forms of Contract
- JCT Standard Forms of Contract
- ICE Conditions of Contract
- Infrastructure Conditions of Contract
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
Key Features of Important Forms of Contract
- ICC - Measurement Version
- NEC3 /4
Mode of Delivery:
- Interactive Exercises
- Individual or Group Exercises
Benefits of Attending:
- Familiarity with the key fundamentals of Contract Law
- An appreciation of the variety of Forms of Contract available for construction projects
- An understanding of the approaches used by two important Forms of Contract: the ICC - Measurement Version and NEC3 /4
Graduates wishing to learn about the legal aspects of contracts and construction projects
Delegates are strongly encouraged to bring with them:
- A copy of the Engineering and Construction Contract (The Black Book)