The range and nature of engineer professional qualifications are extensive. This course is aimed at those seeking professional qualifications, explaining the various routes and providing close mentoring to each in their chosen route. It would apply to those engaged in all civil engineering, but including, highways, transportation, structures and water related engineering, both supply and wastewater, and waste management. The course can be tailored to:
- A specific Institution's requirements
- Run on a generic awareness raising and fact accumulation basis
The basis for professional qualifications in most institutions is similar, and can be explained, along with specific guidance for specialist groups on the requirements of ICE, CIHT, CIWEM, IStructE etc Professional Development (IPD) of aspiring Chartered would be covered, leading to likely qualifications of Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer, Chartered Environmentalist and Engineering Technicians, giving advice on the appropriate route for each individual.
The course comprises a generic module covering all common ground between the various routes (more than many may suppose!), allied to a module (or more than one) of choice by the attendee to cover their known circumstances, from:
ICE Qualification Needs and How to Prepare for Them?
CIHT Qualification Needs and How to Prepare for Them?
CIWEM Qualifications Needs and How to Prepare for Them?
IStructE Qualification Needs and How to Prepare for Them?
Group and individual exercises will be used as appropriate throughout the day
- Those seeking CEng, IEng, EngTech and CEnv etc
- As a refresher course for those training/mentoring the above
- For updating managers on the latest requirements for qualifying employees
Delegates will leave the course with a course folder, with considerable amount of useful, practical, information regarding their role and for their workplace. Delegates would achieve maximum advantage from the course, if, before arrival, they:
- Had familiarised themselves with their own organisation's Training Scheme, and its provisions, requirements and responsibilities upon parties
- Collected together any individual experiences, circumstances or examples which would assist analysis, and promote debate and discussion