The NEBOSH National General Certificate is recognised as the standard qualification in health and safety for the non-safety specialist
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify common hazards in the workplace and advise on appropriate remedial actions
- Advise on appropriate action to minimise firs risks and to develop fire procedures
- Assist in the preparation, review and monitoring of safety policy and procedures including pro-active and reactive strategies, training audits and safety committees etc.
- Investigate accidents and other incidents, prepare reports making cost effective proposals to prevent recurrence
- Identify the main requirements of legislation and codes of practice
- Maintain records and information sources to advise management
- Communicate effectively on health and safety matters including the use of reports etc
- Undertake effective workplace inspections and recommend cost effective remedial action
- Describe human and organisational factors affecting health and safety performance assessment
Mode of Delivery:
To satisfy the requirements for the award of the NEBOSH National General Certificate candidates must pass the two written papers plus a practical assessment.