The NEBOSH Fire Safety & Risk Management Certificate (subject to accreditation by NEBOSH) comprises 3 units: Health & Safety Management, Fire Safety & Risk Management and Practical Fire Risk Assessment. This course is targeted at delegates who have successfully completed the NEBOSH General Certificate or the Management of Safety & Health (week 1) of the NEBOSH Certificate in the last 5 years.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal framework relating to fire and health & safety
- Appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- Use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
Mode of Delivery:
Delegates will sit NEBOSH examinations on the last day of the course. Delegates must pass the two written papers plus a practical assessment.