In September 2011 the JCT updated its suite of contracts. This was primarily to comply with the amendments to the Housing Grants Construction & Regenerations Act 1996 though the opportunity was taken to make other less significant amendments. The course will provide an introduction to the three SBC contracts (i.e. SBC/Q, SBC/AQ and SBC/XQ) and look at the key provisions.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course delegates should have an appreciation of: -
- the differences between the ‘with’, ‘without’ and ‘approximate’ versions of the SBC contracts:
- the roles and responsibilities of the parties
- the key clauses in the contracts;
- how an SBC contract should be administered
- An introduction to three version of the SBC, their use and principal differences.
- Contract documents.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Design responsibility and the provision of design documents.
- Carrying out the Works and Quality
- Possession, progress and completion.
- Extensions of time.
- Variations and valuation
- Dispute resolution
Mode of Delivery:
Lecture supported by interactive discussion.
Those directly involved with building contracts who require either an introduction to the SBC or more experienced practitioners wishing to refresh or update their knowledge of the forms.