The subcontract is intended for use in appointing a subcontractor where the contractor has been appointed under the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract options, the available secondary options, schedules of cost components and contract data.
The NEC4 Engineering and Construction Subcontract uses clear and professional language, thus promoting fair dealing and greater certainty, as do all NEC4 Contracts.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to: -
- Appreciate the philosophy and content of the NEC4 family of documents
- Understand the more important clauses of the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Subcontract
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key parties
- Be able to support management of an NEC4 Engineering and Construction Subcontract
Session 1 Brief Overview of the NEC4 family
- Engineering and Construction Contract and Subcontract
- Engineering and Construction Short Contract and Subcontract
- Professional Service Contract and Subcontract
- Term Service Contract and Subcontract
- Term Service Short Contract
- Design Build and Operate Contract
- Supply Contract
- Supply Short Contract
- Dispute Resolution Service Contract
- Framework Contract
The NEC4 Engineering and Construction Subcontract
Session 2 The Roles of the Parties
Session 3 Option Clauses
Session 4 General Provisions and Subcontractor’s Main Responsibilities
Session 5 Time and Programme
Session 6 Quality Management
Session 7 Payment and the Schedules of Cost Components
Session 8 Compensation Events
Session 9 Title, Liabilities and Insurance
Session 10 Termination, Dispute Avoidance and Resolution
Session 11 Preparing tenders
Practical Workshop Applying the contract in the workplace. Hands on activity to address delegate priorities.
Mode of Delivery:
The course is delivered through a mix of briefing lectures and classroom discussion and hands on debate of approaches to workplace situations. Each delegate is asked to prepare a plan which considers how the delegate will apply the contract and learning from this course in the workplace.
This 1 day course is for Contractors and Subcontractors who are new to the NEC4 contracts, with little or no experience of using these, and who wish to understand the main elements of the NEC4 contracts.