The NEC4 Supply Contract (SC) is used for the local and international procurement and supply of high-value goods and associated services such as transformers, turbine rotors, rolling stock, loading bridges, transmission plant, cable and process plant, together with related services like design.
NEC4 contracts enable projects to be delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standards. NEC4 uses clear and professional language to promote fair dealing and greater certainty.
Alongside guidance notes and flow charts to help users get the best out of the contract, the NEC4 Supply Short Contract is also available for use on less sophisticated projects that impose only low risk on both the purchaser and supplier.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to: -
- Appreciate the philosophy and content of the NEC4 family of documents
- Understand the more important clauses of the NEC4 Supply Contract
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key parties
- Be able to support management of an NEC4 Supply Contract
Session 1 Brief Overview of the NEC4 family
- Engineering and Construction Contract and Subcontract
- Engineering and Construction Short Contract and Subcontract
- Professional Service Contract and Subcontract
- Term Service Contract and Subcontract
- Term Service Short Contract
- Design Build and Operate Contract
- Supply Contract
- Supply Short Contract
- Dispute Resolution Service Contract
- Framework Contract
The NEC4 Supply Contract
Session 2 Principles of Supply Contracts
Session 3 The Roles of the Parties
Session 4 Option Clauses
Session 5 General Provisions and Supplier’s Main Responsibilities
Session 6 Time and Programme
Session 7 Quality Management
Session 8 Payment
Session 9 Compensation Events
Session 10 Title, Liabilities and Insurance
Session 11 Termination, Dispute Avoidance and Resolution
Session 12 Preparing tenders
Practical Workshop Applying the contract in the workplace. Hands on activity to address delegate priorities.
Mode of Delivery:
The course is delivered through a mix of briefing lectures and classroom discussion and hands on debate of approaches to workplace situations. Each delegate is asked to prepare a plan which considers how the delegate will apply the contract and learning from this course in the workplace.
This 1 day course is for Clients and Suppliers who are new to the NEC4 contracts, with little or no experience of using these, and who wish to understand the main elements of the NEC4 contracts.