This is an invaluable course covering provisions within construction contracts for extensions of time and loss and expense using interactive lectures and case studies to enable delegates to properly understand the theory and practice of claims management.
The course also deals with applicable dispute resolution methods.
Aims & Objectives:
The course will enable delegates to gain a working knowledge of contractual provisions with respect to claims and to be able to effectively present or defend them in accordance with the appropriate contract.
1. The basis of contractual claims
- What is a claim?
- Why do they occur?
- When do they arise?
2. Claims provisions in contracts
- Examination of the claims provisions in standard forms in use within the UK construction industry - ICE, NEC, JCT, FIDIC, etc.
3. Presenting and defending claims
- How to properly and effectively deal with claims either as a presenter or recipient.
4. Dispute resolution methods
- An outline of available methods e.g. Adjudication, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
5. Case studies
- Problems and worked solutions to enable delegates to properly understand and fully manage the claims procedures within construction contracts.
Graduates who require an awareness of claims provisions within construction contracts.