Environmental control has many well known benefits to an organisation, both in reducing cost and improving social acceptance of practices. This course deals with the dangers of not fulfilling the legal responsibilities of managing your business and avoiding through knowledge, the severe costs incurred by a prosecution.
Much of the environmental law that affects an operation is relatively new
and this course will offer all attendees a clear understanding of how to approach
both current & future procedures.
Aims & Objectives:
This course aims to enable the delegate to:
- Be able to produce & implement checklists
- Integrate the consideration for environmental legislation in existing and future practices
- Acknowledge the risk of prosecution
- Understand the terms legal register, compliance & internal audit
- Be able to produce an assessment of their operations in respect of current legal framework
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:-
- Define the options available when faced with procedures that have a potential to create an environmental impact
- List the considerations necessary when preparing for ISO14001:2004 audit.
- Apply the skills required to ensure all procedures acknowledge the environmental legislation
- Explain the consequences of non compliance
- Design and implement control measures
- The laws & guidance that affect businesses
- How to interpret these legal requirements
- How ISO14001:2004 manages the legislation
- How to evaluate legal compliance
- How to source legal information, updates & support)
Using up-to-date case study material and participatory exercises, delegates will be made aware of the latest environmental legislation affecting their business and how to comply.
- Interactive Exercises
- Individual & Group Exercises
- PowerPoint presentation
- Final Assessment
Protection of business by understanding the detail of laws governing activities
that have the potential to create environmental issues
- Owners, Directors, Managers & Supervisors
- Including those with procurement, contractor management, occupational safety and waste management responsibilities.