Aims & Objectives:
To provide participants with the essential skills needed to effectively manage the planning and implementation of railway project/contract works.
The content will include:
- Project Definition and Appraisal
- Scheduling and Estimating
- Cost Planning and Control
- Progress Reporting
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Contract Management
- Safety and Risk Management
- Change Control
Tutor input and specialist presentations are supported by discussion, videos, individual exercises and a railway based case study which incorporates the core themes.
The course can:
1. be run as a stand-alone course
2. be part of preparation for the APMP examination
3. be tailored to company procedures
4. be followed by an optional two day workshop and examination to achieve an APM accredited certificate
Who should attend: Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Project Team Members. Project Engineers, Contract Managers and Contracting Engineers.