Theodolite Setting Out
The course is designed for site managers, foremen, supervisors and trainees who are required to set out for construction and civil engineering work. It is aimed at staff with little or no theodolite experience, or as a refresher for those who have not used the equipment for sometime.
Aims & Objectives:
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Set up and use modern electronic theodolites.
- Complete collimation checks on the instrument in the field.
- Extract information from a drawing and relate it to the setting out required in the field
- Set out the initial control for building work using a theodolite and tape.
- Use tapes for setting out and correcting for slope.
- Read and record angles and distances for checking dimensions of setting out.
- Be able to calculate bearings and distances for setting out checks.