This course provides an introduction to identifying environmental aspects and evaluating their impacts. It provides best practice relating to performance monitoring, including energy consumption and waste, and examines the relevant cost savings which can be made to the bottom line.
Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course, delegates will have gained: -
- A greater understanding of the impact assessment process;
- Knowledge of environmental management systems;
- An overview of the applicable legal requirements to undertake environmental impact assessments.
- Knowledge of best regional and sector practice.
- A basis to move forward to the intermediate and advanced level strategic environmental impact assessment courses.
- Introduction & course terminology
- Environmental management system (EMS) requirements to evaluate aspects
- ISO14001:2004; EMAS; BS8555
- Environmental Aspects & Impacts
- Discharge to air
- Discharge to water
- Ecological and cultural resources
- Environmental Controls
- Remediation & monitoring
- Storage tanks
Mode of Delivery:
- A highly interactive training course including:-
- Visual Aids including model case studies
- Interactive Group Exercises
- Discussion and Feedback Activity
Benefits of Attending:
- Delegates will be able to produce a basic environmental impact assessment register
Managers, On-Site Health, Safety & Environmental Advisors / Engineers
- Complete a pre-course questionnaire
- Have a basic understanding of their organisation's activities that may affect the environment