Aims & Objectives:
This one day course is for designers with the equivalent of a background
of Graduate/Diploma level study of civil/structural engineering with little
experience of masonry design, and provides a basic introduction to masonry
properties, construction and design. On completion of the course participants
will have an understanding of the basics of masonry construction and will
be able to carry out design for vertically and laterally loaded unreinforced
masonry in accordance with Eurocode 6.
- Introduction and overview
- Codes and Standards.
- Basic properties of masonry materials.
- Construction aspects.
- Design for movement.
- Overview of design to Eurocode 6.
- Design for vertical load, with tutorial.
- Design for lateral load, with tutorial.
- Introduction to reinforced masonry
Construction professionals with little or no prior knowledge of structural