Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Decide when to use the Term Service Contract
- Prepare the documents for a contract using the TSC
- Apply the TSC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems
- Understand the responsibilities of the Employer, Service Manager and Contractor in managing the contract
- Know how to instruct tasks and deal with compensation events
Session 1 When should it be used?
Session 2 Nature of the contract and principles.
Session 3 Core clauses and the main options. The Price List.
Session 4 Contractor's main responsibilities.
Session 5 Time, Testing and Defects.
Session 6 Payment and compensation events.
Session 7 Use of equipment, Plant and Materials.
Session 8 Risks and insurance.
Session 9 Termination and Disputes.
Session 10 Preparation of the tender documents.