Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the course, delegates will have gained: -
- A greater understanding of the impact assessment process
- Knowledge of environmental management systems
- An overview of the applicable legal requirements to undertake environmental impact assessments.
- Knowledge of best regional and sector practice.
- A basis to move forward to the intermediate and advanced level strategic
environmental impact assessment courses.
Introduction to environmental management system (EMS) requirements to
conduct impact assessments
- ISO14001:2004; EMAS; BS8555
- IPPC, LAPPC, SEA, Environmental Assessment of Plans & Programmes Regulations 2004
Environmental Impact Assessment
- Methodology & scoring
- Significance assessment
Pollution Prevention Activities
- Opportunity assessment
- Employee Participation
Project Managers, Engineers, On-Site Health, Safety & Environmental Advisors