A 1 day practical course covering a wide variety of site geotechnical issues.
Aims & Objectives:
- To raise awareness of practical geotechnical issues on site.
- To help prevent accidents and provide practical, safe and economic solutions to typical site problems.
- To allow delegates to coordinate and supervise common site geotechnical activities.
- Gathering and interpreting soils information.
- Good trenching practice.
- Sheet piling, cofferdams and framing to excavations.
- Undermining and underpinning.
- Basement construction.
- Driven and bored piling and other ground improvement techniques.
- Writing design briefs, risk assessment, method statements and checking proposals.
- Site supervision, inspection and legal responsibilities.
- Use of basic design principles and design charts.
- Testing and quality control.
- Case studies of accidents and failures.
- Sources of help and information.
- Site engineers and temporary works coordinators.
- Experienced site managers and site agents.
- Experienced support staff responsible for planning or pricing geotechnical works.
- Experienced site safety advisors.
- Junior geotechnical engineers.