The NEC3 family of contracts continues to be used for a wide range of projects
including civil engineering, process engineering and buildings.
This one day course provides a background to the NEC3 family but also examines in detail the NEC3 Engineering & Construction Contract, particularly the payment and compensation event provisions
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the NEC3 family of documents and appreciate the differences between NEC3 and other forms of contract
- Appreciate the use of the main and secondary options
- Understand the core clauses of the Engineering & Construction Contract
- Appreciate the use of the Contract Data, Works and Site Information
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key parties.
- Session 1: Background and Underlying Principles
- Session 2: Roles under the ECC
- Session 3: The NEC system and contract strategy – the options
- Session 4: Contract documentation
- Session 5 : Communications
- Session 6: General Provisions and Contractor’s Main Responsibilities
- Session 7: Time and the Programme
- Session 8 : Testing and Defects
- Session 9: Payment and the Schedules of Cost Components
- Session 10: Compensation Events
Mode of Delivery:
This course consists of lectures supported by interactive case studies
Practitioners who need an awareness of the concept and practical issues regarding the NEC3 Engineering & Construction Contract.
It is essential for delegates to bring to the course a copy of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract – April 2013