Aims & Objectives:
To provide employees with an understanding of requirements in respect of
Building Contract Claims
Understanding JCT Claims
- What is a claim, What are the objectives? Recognising a problem, entitlement
- On site and head office records. When to keep records and what form should they take. Who is responsible. Records as evidence. Access to records and when to make them available
Understanding the Law and Contract Claims Clauses
- Review of the main claim clauses in JCT Contracts and related Sub-Contracts. Consider time and money. Applying legal issues to the facts. Notices - requirements and content. Extensions of time. Burden and standard of proof. Avoiding a claim.
Claims Preparation and Analysis - Money
- Claims document and submissions. Analysing cause and effect. Identifying and substantiating monies due. Presentation of information. Quantification. Heads of claim. Recent case law.
Claims Preparation and Analysis - Delays
- Relevance of concurrent delays. Actual events and effects. Acts of prevention. Mitigation. Acceleration. Case law.
Concluding a Dispute
- Bringing a claim to a successful conclusion. Offers to settle without
prejudice discussions. Timing and tactics. Alternative options and proposals.
Adjudication and arbitration.
Project Managers, Agents, Quantity Surveyors