When you take the minutes for a meeting . . .
- Are the minutes a complete record?
- Do those attending know what they are supposed to do at the end of the meeting?
- Do they read as a series of action points?
- Are they a succinct reflection of what was said at the meeting?
If the answer to any of these questions is 'no', then this course will improve the impact of meetings you attend, supporting the achievement of actions needed as a result of these meetings. In addition, these skills will help you to focus your activities during a meeting and you will be seen by others as someone who is action-orientated.
Aims & Objectives:
Having attended this course, delegates will acquire two useful meeting tools: a focused meeting agenda, and action-oriented minutes. Individuals and teams will experience the impact of these structured tools the first time they are utilised.
Aims & Objectives:
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Construct a focused agenda to structure the minutes
- Design minutes for action
- Explain the role and responsibilities of the Scribe, and
- Plan, prepare and take action-orientated minutes effectively.
- Organising and preparing to take action-orientated minutes:
- Purposes, objectives and alternative minutes types
- Working with the Chair and the role of the Scribe
- Preparing your resources
- Personal behaviours that support successful meetings:
- Communication and listening skills
- Assertiveness skills
- Managing personalities
- Practice taking action-orientated minutes
- Personal action plans
A practical workshop, the structure of the programme gives delegates the opportunity to acquire skills and techniques by using a number of individual and group exercises and includes taking action-orientated minutes. This course is highly participative, with opportunity for delegates to explore concerns in a supportive environment. Each delegate receives a personal workbook that will serve as a lasting reference to the techniques covered during the day.
- More understanding on how to take minutes
- More concise minutes and clarity of actions necessary
- Understanding successful writing and selection of material
This course is suitable for people who attend meetings, particularly in the capacity of Scribe.
There is no pre-course requirement.