Aims & Objectives:
To provide a good understanding of Minipiling in the UK & Ireland, including the design processes, plant details and construction issues.
- Introduction & history of minipiling
- Site investigation information & what to look for + exercise
- Geotechnical design of minipiles + exercise
- Structural design of minipiles including force transfer mechanism at pile head + exercise
- Specifications and design standards in the UK & Europe
- Drilling systems and plant issues
- Grouting & concreting processes & associated plant + exercise
- Construction of minipiles including case history c.d. videos + exercise
- Testing of minipiles
- Commercial & contractual issues
- Summary and conclusions
Anyone involved in construction who wishes to learn more about Minipiling in the UK & Ireland.