Aims & Objectives:
The course aims to provide all relevant information regarding the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2006, and subsequent duties of managing asbestos.
On successful completion of the course delegates will:
1. Understand how the Regulations affect their organisation
2. Have a working knowledge of how an Asbestos Management Plan can be implemented
3. Know best practice suitable for their organisation
- Asbestos - the facts
- CASE STUDIES and History
- Associated risks
- Who is at risk?
- What does the law say?
- What is asbestos?
- Common types
- Where is asbestos found?
- Asbestos in buildings
- Associated types
- Duties under Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2006
- Industrial, commercial and residential
- Guide to managing asbestos
- What asbestos is present?
- Types of survey and necessary registrations of surveyor
- Assessing the risks
- Syndicate exercise - worked example of a material assessment
- Management plan
- Determine what action is required.
Tutor presentation using up-to-date case study material and participatory exercises, delegates will be made aware of the latest best practice to assist effective implementation of an Asbestos Management Plan.
Benefits include a working knowledge of the best practice tools and techniques
suitable for the effective adoption of an Asbestos Management Plan.
Managers and staff who have responsibility for premises, including facilities management.
Complete a pre-course questionnaire