The NEC suite of contracts continues to be used for a wide range of projects including civil engineering, process engineering and buildings.
This course provides a background to the NEC suite but also examines in detail the NEC3 Engineering & Construction Short Contract (April 2013).
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the philosophy of the ECC Short Contract and how it contributes to the effective management of a simple, low risk project
- Understand the more important clauses of the ECC Short Contract
- Appreciate the use of the Contract Data, Price List and Works and Site Information
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the parties
- Prepare contract documents using the ECC Short Contract
Session 1: Introduction
Session 2: Tender Documents, Contract Data, Works Information and Site Information
Session 3: General Provisions
Session 4: Contractor's Main Responsibilities, Time and Defects
Session 5: Payment
Session 6: Compensation Events
Session 7: Title, Limitation of liability, indemnities and insurance
Session 8: Termination and disputes
Session 9: Inviting Tenders, Offer and Acceptance
This course consists of lectures supported by interactive case studies.
Practitioners who need to an awareness of the concept and practical issues regarding the NEC Engineering and Construction Short Contract.