Aims & Objectives:
The objective of this course is to confirm to the participants their responsibilities for health and safety within both the legal and contractual frameworks. It will introduce participants to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2016 and outline the responsibilities of the Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor.
- Overview and developments
- Definition of construction work, demolition etc.
- Duty holders and compliance
o The Client
- Managing the project
- Provision of information
- The role of the Principal Designer
- The role of the Designer
- Risk Management
- o Duties of Contractors
- The Principal Contractor
- Health and safety on Construction Sites
- Other contractors (including statutory undertakers)
- The Information Pack
- The construction phase plan
- Cooperation and consultation
- We will look at the implication on projects involving domestic clients
Benefits of Attending
At the end of the course participants should have a clearer understanding of their responsibilities under the CDM Regulations and how those obligations should be met.