The course will provide an overview of the JCT 2016 family of contracts, specifically focussing on the Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q) 2016.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to: -
- Appreciate the structure and use of the JCT 2016 family of documents
- Understand the more important clauses of the new contracts
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of the key parties.
- Properly run a JCT 2016 contract.
Session 1 The JCT 2016 Family of Contracts - which JCT contract to
use for which project.
The Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q) 2016
Session 2 Carrying out the Works
- General Obligations
- Possession and Completion
- Adjustment of Completion Date
Session 3 Control of the Works
Session 4 Payment
- Contract Sum and Adjustments
- Certificates and Payments
Session 5 Variations
Session 6 Injury, Damage and Insurance
Session 7 Assignment, Third Party Rights and Termination
Session 8 Settlement of Disputes
Mode of Delivery:
This course consists of lectures supported by comprehensive seminar notes and group exercises, discussion and open workshop.
Client’s delegates dealing with design and build contracts who either require an introduction to the contract or more experienced practitioners wishing to refresh their knowledge of the form.