This course will introduce participants to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2016 and outline the responsibilities of the Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor.
Aims & Objectives:
The objective of this course is to confirm to the participants their responsibilities for health and safety within both the legal and contractual frameworks.
- Overview and developments
- Definition of construction work, demolition etc.
- Duty holders and compliance
o The Client
- Managing the project
- Provision of information
- The role of the Principal Designer
- The role of the Designer
- Risk Management
- o Duties of Contractors
- The Principal Contractor
- Health and safety on Construction Sites
- Other contractors (including statutory undertakers)
- The Information Pack
- The construction phase plan
- Cooperation and consultation
- We will look at the implication on projects involving domestic clients
Benefits of Attending
At the end of the course participants should have a clearer understanding of their responsibilities under the CDM Regulations and how those obligations should be met.