Aims & Objectives:
On successful completion of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Identify damage, including situations where damage may be transmitted from the point of impact to other parts of the structure, and make a decision on opening the line to traffic at 5mph
- Identify where structures are independent
- Assess the significance of various types of damage
- Identify any track displacement at the site
- Understand the principles of damage extent due to collision loads
- Demonstrate awareness and appreciation of hazards associated with bridge strikes
- Essentials of fact finding
- Typical bridge strike damage
- Extent of allowable damage to various bridge types
- Hazard identification
- Track displacement
- Rule book instructions
Authorised personnel equipped with the knowledge from this course may be able to open the line at reduced speed following bridge strike incidents and thereby minimise delays to train services.
Personnel required to attend bridge strike incidents.