Most engineers come into contact with formwork but don't understand the design or detailing that is required to produce an effective and safe scheme.
Aims & Objectives:
This course will provide the engineer with a basic knowledge of this specialist
subject and increase his awareness of its use on site.
- Concrete pressures and the principles of formwork design
- Concrete finishes
- Wall Formwork
- Soffit Formwork
- Criteria for striking formwork
- Health and Safety issues
- Selection of materials and equipment
- Proprietary Systems
- The use of release agents
- Types and uses of permanent formwork
- Concrete surface blemishes caused by formwork
- Recent developments in products and systems
People who are not involved with the design and construction of formwork
but would benefit from a basic knowledge of the subject.