Formwork, Falsework, Back-Propping, and Scaffolding
A practical course covering a wide variety of site concreting practice and access issues.
Aims & Objectives:
- To raise awareness of practical concreting and access issues on site.
- To help prevent accidents and provide practical, safe and economic solutions to typical site problems.
- To allow delegates to coordinate and supervise common site concreting
and access activities.
- Concrete pressures.
- Use of design charts for formwork and falsework.
- Good concrete practice.
- Proprietary concrete formwork and falsework systems
- Multi storey concrete construction, back-propping theory and practice.
- Fast track concrete construction
- Concrete testing and quality control.
- Types and uses of tube and fitting and system scaffolds.
- Writing design briefs, risk assessment, method statements and checking proposals.
- Loading limits.
- Site supervision, inspection and legal responsibilities.
- Testing and quality control.
- Case studies of accidents and failures.
- Sources of help and information.
- Site engineers and temporary works coordinators.
- Experienced site managers and site agents.
- Experienced support staff responsible for planning or pricing concreting and access works.
- Experienced site safety advisors.