Our NEC4 - Engineering & Construction Contract Introductory course provides a background to the NEC family and examines in detail the Engineering & Construction Contract, particularly the payment and compensation event provisions. The course also introduces the Professional Service Contract and other contracts within the NEC family.
A briefing on the family of contracts and all significant changes from NEC3.
The NEC family of contracts is used for a wide range of projects including civil engineering, process engineering and buildings.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to: -
- Understand the NEC4 family of documents and appreciate the differences between NEC4 and other forms of contract.
- Appreciate the use of the main and secondary options.
- Understand the core clauses of the Engineering & Construction Contract.
- Appreciate the use of the Contract Data, Scope, Works Information and Site Information
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key parties.
Session 1 Introduction to NEC4 family of contracts
Session 2 Roles under the ECC
Session 3 The NEC system and contract strategy – the options
Session 4 Contract documentation
Session 5 Communications
Session 6 General Provisions and Contractor’s Main Responsibilities
Session 7 Time and the Programme
Session 8 Testing and Defects
Session 9 Payment and Schedule of Cost Components
Session 10 Compensation Events
Mode of Delivery:
This course consists of lectures supported by interactive case studies.
Practitioners who need an awareness of the concept and practical issues regarding the NEC Engineering & Construction Contract.
It would be beneficial for delegates to bring a copy of the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract, including Options A-F.
It would also be beneficial for delegates to come prepared to discuss any contractual issues from their practical experiences.