Student Placement Coordinator
You will be responsible for the management and administration of the Year in Industry student placement scheme on behalf of Cardiff University. The development of graduate employability is a key objective for universities. Symmons Madge Associates has for a number of years been working with several universities making a significant contribution towards this objective through Year in Industry Placements.
The principle responsibilities will be to provide a placement service for the students and placement providers. The Placement Coordinator will liaise with organisations to secure suitable placement opportunities, discuss options with students and allocate appropriate placements.
- Administration and coordination of the placement scheme
- Creating and distributing effective placement advertisements to students
- Building and developing relationships with employers to increase participation in the scheme
- Liaise with companies to create placement advertisements, submit applications, arrange interviews and confirm successful appointments
- Liaise with Year in Industry tutors, university academic and admin staff,
- Increase students employability by providing help with CV’s and holding drop-in sessions
- Produce KPIs
- Review and process invoices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High standard of English
- Ability to work independently
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office
- Ability to organise, prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidence, tact, diplomacy & friendly personality
Previous experience in a higher education role would be beneficial.
Full UK Driving License and access to vehicle is essential.
To apply please send your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 per year